Sunday, November 02, 2014

Reroute of Cold Water Feed to Kitchen

Today was a bad day.  With so much to do in the next few days, I managed to spend all day moving just one water pipe.  I have no idea why it took so long as I didn't have any real issues.  In the past I have struggled when making changes to existing pipework when I have not got it dry enough to solder.  But I am aware of that issue now and am fastidious with my twisted strips of kitchen roll to thoroughly dry wet pipes before turning the heat on them.

The pipe in question is the cold water feed to the kitchen.  Before today, it came through the wall up by the ceiling, then dropped down to the kitchen units.  Here it is with its hot companion :
 

After rerouting it goes through a pre-existing hole at the bottom of the wall, currently occupied by the gas pipe and 40 amp cooker cable :


You will have seen that this area remains unplastered because of the awkwardness of access while the pipes were in place (I should have removed them before plastering).  This has been a source of annoyance to Jan as, though it will be completely hidden, it still represents a job not done properly.

On the other side of this wall is a "utilities" cupboard, so the pipe is now routed up to ceiling height on that side instead.

I cannot afford for the hot water pipe to take a whole day too.  Must get quicker, time is running out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home