Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Great Door Cock Up

I ordered 4 internal doors from a supplier in Sheffield. As this is a different (and cheaper) supplier than the one I used last December I was very careful to make sure that the doors come from the same manufacturer, have the same mouldings and are the right size. Scrupulous double-checking. In fact, I only really need 3 doors right now, but was told that this line is being discontinued, so ordered the fourth, for the lounge door in the "middle" room (economies of delivery !).

When the doors were delivered I was out. Jan called me on the mobile (I had just arrived in Portsmouth) to say she was concerned that we had been sent 6-panel doors whereas all the other doors in the house (including the "new" one from last December) are 4-panel.

The penny dropped immediately - I knew that I had ordered the wrong ones. I had double-checked everything except the actual model of door that I was ordering. It never crossed my mind that I needed anything other than 6 panel doors. Maybe I was thinking back to our old house, where we had 6-panels everywhere. I honestly don't know.

The doors were sent back, new ones have been ordered, and a second delivery charge paid. We should get them in the first week of September.

Bahhhhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home