So, What Have You Been Doing ?
I can't believe it has been more than 3 weeks since I last wrote anything here. I would love to be able to say that great strides have been made with the project in the absence of the blog. Sadly it is not so. Two weekends away have put paid to that, though both were immensely enjoyable, and probably a break that we all needed.
There has been some progress. The electrician has been in again and done second-fit on the new bedroom area. We now have light and power ! We have doubled up the sockets in a lot of places, just to avoid the need for those double plug adapters. In fact behind the bed we have gone for a triple :
Bedside lights, radio, electric blankets - it all adds up to a lot of plugs !
The single pattress on it's own will eventually contain an RJ45 Cat5 network connector and a secondary telephone socket. Every room will get one of these, with the cables routed back to a panel in the hall cupboard. A select few may even get connected up !
Unfortunately even with this extra layer of insulation, the diagonal timber still stood out proud, so I had to carve some off of the edge so that it was flush with the insulation.
The awkward shaped, complex angled piece of plasterboard goes over the top. This single piece took me nearly 2 hours to make :
Round the corner, the next triangle butts up against it :
The angle where the boards meet will be shaved down flush with one of those plane-like things that looks more like a cheese grater - I can't remember it's name, but am pleased I have finally found a use for one !
More imminently what has been occupying me is the looming visit of the bedroom carpet fitters (Thursday). Hence I have been fitting the remaining pieces of skirting board, and a mahogany edge strip around the hearth :
Mahogany door thresholds (note the use of the trusty Triumph scissors jack once more, in this instance to try and undo a twist) :
For the mahogany pieces I have been using just Gripfill to fix them - no nail or screwheads to have to cover with fillets of timber. Hopefully they will hold in place for a good long time.
Just a bit of painting left to do.....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home