Door Linings and Cables
One thing that was maybe not obvious from my last post about wall dry-lining, was the need to extend the door linings out to meet the new wall. Fortunately, the timber that I chose for the framework differs between width and depth, by around the thickness of a piece of plasterboard. I was therefore able to turn a strip through 90 degrees and screw/glue/dowel it into the existing door lining to give a flush fitting inside the opening. Here is the header rail, with a housing joint ready to take the side piece :
Over adjacent to the front door, the electrician has left me an awkward set of cables to hide. The new plaster upstairs has to join up with the old plaster downstairs, and in between I have hacked out a section for these cables :
The large bundle are the new ones, feeding to a set of switches next to the front door. The two on their own are part of the existing wiring, but that will become obsolete when the new stuff takes over.
I managed to squeeze the 7 new ones undo two pieces of extra-wide galvanised trunking :
I must remember not to hang any pictures or put up shelves here ! I have complained before, in this blog, about diagonal cable routing, so please pretend that you haven't seen this. In any case, it is the electrician's fault, not mine.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home