Airing Cupboard - Done
(well, if you exclude the fact it has no door !)
The airing cupboard has been a source of great aggravation. It was supposed to be a job that would take a couple of days, but has turned into an epic episode with an elapsed time nearer to 6 weeks, and I still don't really know why. The principle is simple - some battens screwed to the wall, cut the planks to length and angle, screw them to the battens. Because this is a cupboard, and access to concealed plumbing is likely to be needed in the future, I have not even bothered to hide the fixings.
To be fair, there were some complications. On the right hand side, there was a radiator, but with insufficient clearance to slide the T&G down behind it. The alternative of taking it off the wall, adjusting the plumbing, and re-hanging from the T&G seemed long winded, so I went for a compromise. The radiator mounting brackets have been spaced off the wall by ~12mm, and the panels fitted around it :
The long reach of the pipework (he radiator is mounted quite high) had sufficient flex to accommodate it's new spaced-out location :
Another slight leak developed in the elbow connecting the old pipe to the new (it was not evident straight away), so again I substituted a compression joint :
The addition of some skirting boards and shelves, adapted from those that were there before, completed the job :
Now, just need to find that door.....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home