Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Possible Explanation for Window Leaks

This is blog post 400 !!!!!!

You guys must think I am deliberately stringing this project out, but I assure you this is not the case. Jan wants it finished. Adam and Vix want it finished. I want it finished. Even my Mum wants it finished !

Must get it finished....... !

In my post on 11th November I showed how the Bradstone window surrounds were letting in water. I have finally found a copy of the installation instructions and they show up a possible explanation for this.

When installed, there is supposed to be a damp-proof membrane underneath the cill section which crosses the wall cavity to sit underneath the internal cill. However, on the outer wall there is supposed to be a single course of stone between this DPC and the bottom of the cill. As this picture shows, the builder has not installed it this way. The DPC is directly under the cill :


I sent this picture and a couple of other similar ones from other windows, to the builder, and await his response.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home