So, What Came to Pass ?
What came to pass was the fitting of the remaining steel windows. Both the plastering and commencement of work on the conservatory roof have been postponed until tomorrow, so the expected mayhem did not transpire.
The window fitting a day earlier than the other jobs of the week is a bonus really. Three of the windows are above the conservatory roof, so we didn't have to worry about different trades dropping hammers on each other, and also in the same room that is being plastered, so no conflict there either.
The weekend was busy for reasons other than working on the house, so not much to report. The only job that got done was the lining of the window reveals with plasterboard. This was quite awkward, as the walls were a little uneven, so I had to build up spacers with different thicknesses of wood, and scrap plasterboard to get everything vertical and perpendicular (ish) to the walls. In the professional circles, this is described as "dabbing" and I get the impression that you flop some dabs of mortar-like gooey stuff on the walls and just push the plasterboard onto it, levelling up with a spirit level. Despite enquiries I could not work out what this goo is, so I went for Gripfill, which is more of a glue and doesn't lend itself to application in great quantities, hence the need for all the time-consuming spacers. If anyone can enlighten me as to the professional way to do "dabbing" I would love to hear from you via the comments.
I took photos of the reveals, and the newly fitted windows, but I have misplaced the cable that connects the camera to the computer, so can't upload them currently. Sorry. I will rectify a.s.a.p.


1 Comments:
Over here it's called MAP, dries fast, sticks like s*** to a blanket and is as cheap as chips. Fantastic stuff. I use it all the time. Dry Wall Adhesive prehaps ?
Post a Comment
<< Home