Thursday, April 26, 2007

Tiles & Windows

Tiling of the main slopes of the rear elevation of the house is now complete. Just the sides of the gable and the new dormer left to do. The good news is that the new tiles are a pretty good match for the old. They seem to have a colour somewhere in between the weathered and un-weathered state of the old tiles. I wanted to take a couple of pictures, but I left it too late and it started to pour with rain. I will get some pics tomorrow or at the weekend.

As promised in Wednesdays blog, the builder brought round the drawings for the first batch of mullions, and we compared the measurements on the drawing with reality. They are very good. The widths are spot-on and the height generally comes in 4 or 5 mm taller than the drawings, which surely is within the tolerances allowed by the window manufacturer. I will phone them tomorrow.

The other good news is that one of the rear sets of mullions we are waiting for are deliberately wider than all the others. This is to allow for the fire-escape windows, so it looks like these have been allowed for after all, contrary to what I reported on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home